Monday, May 14, 2012
Annie Hall is a 1977 American romantic comedy directed by Woody Allen from a screenplay co-written with Marshall Brickman and co-starring Diane Keaton.
Allen has described the film as "a major turning point", as it introduced a level of seriousness to his films that was not found in the farces and comedies that were his work to that point.
Critical reaction to the film is generally positive. It won four Academy Awards, including Best Picture. Film critic Roger Ebert described it as "just about everyone's favorite Woody Allen movie"
* Woody Allen as Alvy Singer
* Diane Keaton as Annie Hall
* Tony Roberts as Rob
* Carol Kane as Allison Portchnik
* Paul Simon as Tony Lacey
* Shelley Duvall as Pam
* Janet Margolin as Robin
* Colleen Dewhurst as Mrs. Hall
* Christopher Walken as Duane Hall
* Jeff Goldblum as LA party guy on phone
* Sigourney Weaver as Alvy's date
* Beverly D'Angelo as Actress in Rob's TV Show
* Shelley Hack as Street Stranger (as Shelly Hack)
* John Glover as Annie's actor ex-boyfriend
* Truman Capote (uncredited) as Winner of the Truman Capote Lookalike Contest
* Marshall McLuhan as Himself (Cameo)
* Laurie Bird as Tony Lacey's girlfriend
* David Wier as Alvy's Classmate
* Keith Dentice as Alvy's Classmate
* Susan Mellinger as Alvy's Classmate