I'm putting this post up in time for you to get your shopping done in preparation for Superbowl Sunday. I LOVE chicken wings, and I know I'm posted a couple of kick-ass recipes for them already, these three are among my favorites. (I have to say "among" my favorites because when it comes to wings it's all good). The Blue Cheese dip at the bottom is amazing. Enjoy!
Wings Recipe #1- Spicy
* 4 pounds chicken wings
* 4 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
* 1 (5 ounce) bottle hot sauce
1. Rinse wings in cold water and place on baking sheets. Generously sprinkle Cajun seasoning on both sides of chicken, then dash all with hot sauce (enough to cover wings, without leaking off baking sheets). Refrigerate for 3 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Bake chicken in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn and bake for another 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear).
Wings Recipe #2- Sweet Hot Mustard
* 2 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
* salt to taste
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
* 3 tablespoons honey
* 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
* salt and ground black pepper to taste
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat the aluminum foil with cooking spray.
2. Arrange the wings on the prepared baking sheet so they do not touch; season with salt.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crispy on top, about 20 minutes. Flip the wings with tongs and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes more.
4. Stir together the Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, honey, cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and hot sauce in large mixing bowl. Add the wings to the bowl and toss with a spatula to coat evenly. Allow to sit for about five minutes and toss again to re-coat. Transfer to a plate to serve.
Wings Recipe #3- Spicy Garlic
* 1 (4 pound) bag chicken wing drumettes
* 2 tablespoons hot chili oil
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
* 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
* 2 green onions (including tops) minced
* 1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
* 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
* 1 teaspoon cornstarch
* 1/4 cup water
1. Heat over to 400 degrees F. Bake chicken wings on a nonstick baking sheet for 20 minutes, drain liquid. Turn wings over and bake for an additional 25 minutes until done and lightly browned.
2. In the meantime put hot chili oil in a small saute pan. Add ginger, garlic, and green onions. Saute for 3 minutes, turn saute pan heat down to low and add in the rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, and cilantro. Stir well to combine.
3. In a small bowl mix cornstarch and water, pour into sauce pan with vegetable. Stir together and heat until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Place cooked wings in a large bowl, toss with the thickened sauce.
Spicy Blue Cheese Dip
* 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
* 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
* 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* Whisk sour cream, blue cheese, vinegar and cayenne in a small bowl.